View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 08:00 PM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by Peoloto View Post
Thats why I just called the PSC every time.
The PSC isn't always available. The seat is a perishable asset, once you end up in 45B on a 737-900 transcon instead of comfort+ (or whatever delta is calling it this week) the damage is done. Our contract gives us the right to that seat, but once it is stolen from us there's no mechanic to be compensated for our loss. That being the case, CS needs to be properly educated to do their job when the PSC can't mop up after them.

Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
The latest guidance (per one of the half-dozen newsletters we get -- I forget which) is to see if there are any DeltaEconomyComfort+ (whatever it's called this month) seats by looking on Travelnet under Company Business -- but not booking it. If there are no seats available on that page, neither PSC or CS will be able to book you one.
But in the case I'm referring to, CS was unable or unwilling to book a seat which the PSC was able to book just a few minutes later. How I went about figuring out what was available is irrelevant -- in the real world those seats were open and available. The plane flew with empty comfort+ seats after CS swore up and down they were 100% sold.

Last edited by MikeF16; 01-23-2017 at 08:14 PM.