View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 08:41 PM
FTFF
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: Retired from APC.

Not sure of the avg number of reports/bid period out east for the junior guys. Depends on fleet and what you bid to fly. Guys in and around my class time frame vary from 2 week on/off reserve, VTO's, base trip lines, turns, and an occasional normal line. I would say a good majority commute and on average do it twice to sometimes three times per pay period (4weeks). Assuming a large number of those reports in ONT, as they are in SDF, are turns (pairings of out and backs, locals, day trips, whatever you call them) and on the base trip lines, then the actual number of times you would have to commute is much less since they block the pairings together. Lots of commercial DH's on base trips that reduce the number of commutes as well. A guy on the MD from ONT once told me something along the lines of that he is home way more being based in SDF on the MD bidding base lines than he would be as a somewhat senior lineholder in ONT. I heard guys around my seniority in ONT were getting a lot of HOTs (airport ready standby or dozing for dollars) for what that's worth.

Something to consider if you get on here: the 75/76 gives you options - sdf, sdfZ (intl), MIA, and ONT, whereas the Airbus, MD, and whale are largely restricted. New fleet (long term) training sux especially if you commute so having the flexibility of the 75/76 can pay off especially if things get stagnant again.