View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Milksheikh
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016

The issue I think is the supply side of the equation, get that right & you will win

Feel free to articulate why the plan is naive (no Smart tone here )[/QUOTE]

From what I get, you're trying to hook up potential 2nd/3rd world pilots with airlines in SE Asia excluding China Japan and Korea. Is that about right? This just doesn't seem feasible on two fronts that I see. One issue could be the caliber of pilots from 2nd/3rd world countries not measuring up to the airlines needs. What kind of training did they receive etc.. The other issue is the pay. 5k a month for a qualified captain? First officers at regional airlines in the U.S. are making about that. I doubt they will uproot themselves, go through all the regulatory hoops, medicals, etc for that kind of money. At first when I read this I thought you forgot to put a 2 in front of the 5 then I saw you mentioned 2nd/3rd world pilots and figured they could be paid a lot less. Look into Wasinc and Rishworth for contract comparisons, you'll see what I'm talking about and they are not just for China. I just don't think it would be worth your while to run some sort of low cost recruiting agency. You wouldn't make nearly as much as the big airlines pay wasinc/rishworth.