View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 07:39 PM
Gapilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default about logging SIC in a single pilot aircraft

From what I have read in the FAR 135 rule book (however always check with a lawyer that good in understanding this stuff that FAA comes out with that make it hard to understand), if the company that files for a 135 ops with the FAA can submit to the FAA stating they want to have a second person on board as part of the OPS Spec even though the plane only require one pilot. If the FAA comes back and give their blessing to the company filing for the 135 operations, then it is consider part of the flight hours for the sic in to log PIC time or any time even though they are a body warmer.

Maybe some of you other pilots that been flying longer then me might have a better idea then me. That is what I have read from the FAR book and heard from other people that have two pilots in single pilot aircraft. It sad it one of the hardest part to understand how the logging of the time can be log when you have two pilots. (Especially correct me if I am wrong because I rather make sure I have a good understand it when I get ready to go for a 135 company that has a single pilot rated aircraft that uses two pilots on it.)