View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Trojan65
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Looking at hiring into the "second tier" if you like fast growth LCCs in SEAsia , typically these will pay 11/14K for Capt (all in)

Few guys from the first world want to go atm , 7/8 years ago well that was a different story, as to many options at home or if they go expat atm want "first tier" ie: ME3 or the commute contracts out of Japan/Korea/lesser extent EVA, or make the adjustments to live in China & earn the large $$

So the only option is the 2nd/3rd world or you will parking aircraft

So what I am trying to work out is where you can actually find these people from & am thinking possibly Chile/Peru/Colombia/Argentina

Trying to establish how much an A320 Capt would be paid in these countries , as if they are already paid 12k , well why go to SEA ? The fact is that a lot of Braz's are flying in Asia/ME , very much the back bone of some airlines there , strong rep.

So my thinking is if the Braz's can fly to a high standard - really no reason to think why the guys next door wouldn't. Many would have done their training in Nth America & at CAE sim centres etc.

It just seems an anomaly that the Braz's are everywhere but the other guys from South America are very few & far between in Asia/ME

(AWACS guy sent me your CV I bet you $100 I can get you a job inside two weeks)