View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 04:55 PM
Jet Jockey 00
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by FreightWasScary View Post
I would call again and leave another message. I had to call and get a recruiter to call my friend. "Highly qualified ME turbine time" the recruiter told me they were so swamped with applications it was taking a while to get to everyone. I'd choose here over an AA WO for pay and upgrade time. In 4 years flows won't be needed. Simple math. If you want to go to AA you can get in off the street. Come here upgrade in less than 2 years. Get PIC or current and move on. Paying the mortgage is smarter than the "flow" carrot. Keep in mind you take a
Paycut second year at those places.
Our upgrade time at Piedmont is just as fast or faster and PHL based. With 300% open time some Captains are making 20k+ per month. Even a brand new guy would upgrade in little over a year, 121 junior upgrade was hired in August 2016. So no problem "paying your mortgage". Maybe you meant Mesa pay.

AA hires 70% flows the rest military and a small amount of off the street guys. The off the street new hires are 9k plus total time and all the other boxes checked. United average time is still 5,500 total time so just because you upgrade in two years doesn't mean you will get hired at a major right away. And Delta is hiring even FO's no PIC time at all, if you know the right people. Ive recommend 9E to my friends who live closer to their base and it's a great gig but make sure you get the facts right.