View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 10:56 PM
Ashes
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by word302 View Post
I think this is Mesa's strategy as well. Go to small towns where hopefully everyone is ignorant to the state of the industry. Sign up some starry-eyed CFIs and get them locked into a contract before they know what hit them. Sad.
Admiral Ackbar said it best...

I've noticed that Horizon has stopped advertising here. When an airline starts pulling pages out of the Mesa playbook, watch out. One thing I rember from my time there pre-9/11 was a very casual relationship with the truth. They called the CP "lie more." Lying isn't something an organization does, it's who they are.

Hopefully the bottom feeders will either evolve or die off. Regional jobs will never be great, but they don't have to suck excessively. I know that the puppy mills don't spend a lot of time on the history of labor relations in the industry, but it seems like it should be fairly obvious that someone accepting substandard employment isn't doing himself or anyone else any favors.

Times have changed. It's a seller's market. Some companies seem to have recognized that and chosen to compete for new talent by making themselves objectively better places to work & start a career. A company that is back-dooring the union pilots already on the property with a BS bonus scam isn't really offering anything more than an opportunity to join the rest of the folks already getting dumped on.

Last edited by Ashes; 01-26-2017 at 11:25 PM.