Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 09:29 AM
magoo6541
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: First Officer

Originally Posted by Tpauly View Post
Hey guys I'm in the marchclass and haven't received any email as to what to study before hand. Can those guys who have just completed or about to go to training give me an idea of what to look over? Would rather get a head start while I can! Thanks
You'll get an email about a month before the start of class. It's a link to the training crew room. There's only a couple of files in there to include the AFM. If you do a search you can find the same file online.

I studied everything I could get my hands on before the start of the class... It really didn't benefit too much. PlaneSense has a great training department and they'll teach you what you need to know.

What's the pressure in this line? Do we have any control or a gauge for it? Nope? Don't care and you shouldn't either.

You'll show up for class the first day and there'll be a folder with some paperwork and a paper binder with pen for taking notes. You seriously don't need to bring anything with you.

At the end of ground is a 85 question multiple choice test. Then at the end of sim there's a standard checkride. I think my oral was just over a hour and the flight was maybe 1.5 hours or so.

The entire length of training, not once was there a situation where there was a trick question or someone was trying to fool me in to something simple. Everything is straight forward.