View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 09:46 PM
zippinbye
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 320/A

Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot View Post
There is a B777 in Saudi Arabia that pays $10,000/month for something like 6 weeks on/4 weeks off.

At the same time there are BBJs that pay in the $1200-1800/day range for contract pilots.

Airliners tend to command less money because there is a huge pool of qualified pilots who can do the flying.

The leasing companies via their contract agents and various entities that do the moving of airliners seem to pay even less, $800-1000/day and under is not unheard of.

Good for you to try and set the bar higher, but I think it might be difficult to get too much. The best thing to do is use the BBJ/ACJ international contract rates. If you get $1500/day plus expenses and per diem you've done pretty well for an airliner.

Typhoonpilot
Thanks for the insight. I was using BBJ pay as a reference point, since there are so few wide body corporate gigs to set the bar. There are some BBJs in play it this operation too, so the WB money generally goes on the basis of BBJ-plus. I think it's going to sort out on it's own with no need for major advocacy from me. I see the supply and demand pressures you allude to in regard to airliners. What I'm getting into is in a bit of a vacuum from that influence, for reasons that are unclear to me.