View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 03:04 PM
shavetail
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Default Staff guy to regionals

Nearly five years into a staff tour, talking to guys in the industry and weighing my options I have decided to retire before my 0-6 board (not likely to make 0-6 in 2019) and go with the regionals. Could go back and fly military for a 2-3 yr tour but those wiser than me advise me to jump soonest. Don't have my ATP and regionals seem great for my situation not only to get current but to build some credibility prior to applying to the majors. Here is where I could use your insight. My available date is likely Nov 17 and wondering when I should start applying to the regionals. I believe there is a 6 month window where the interview remains valid. I feel real rusty when it comes to book knowledge and don't want to be put in a situation where they ask for a interview and need to cram in some prep time. Or is my availability something the airlines will focus on and will target an interview around 6 months prior to availability. My gut tells me to apply around the May time period and use the next few months to study up. Thank you for the feedback.