View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 07:32 PM
BlueJetDork
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by OldFlyGuy View Post
Yep. At the Big D some time ago. We were in court because statistically we weren't volunteering to fly as much voluntary overtime as usual. We were going down the tubes and lots of people had been flying their butts off to put cash in the bank, increase FAE, help out D.. whatever the reason. I stopped flying as much because I got freaking exhausted. Careful what you say and careful what you post. OFG
Upon remand, the district court shall issue appropriate injunctive relief directing ALPA to take further steps to end the pilots' no-overtime campaign.   Further steps may include issuing directives as drafted by the court and threatening (or imposing) union sanctions for violations, as permitted by ALPA's constitution.25  If ALPA complies with the court's orders and the no-overtime campaign continues, Delta may return to the district court for injunctive relief against individual pilots, as discussed supra Part III.C.
DELTA AIR LINES INC v. AIR LINE PILOTS ASSOCIATION INTERNATIONAL | FindLaw

REVERSED and REMANDED, with instructions.

I concur in the determination that under the law ALPA has an affirmative duty to exert every reasonable effort to prevent or stop the unilateral unlawful activity of its members and that it has not fulfilled that duty.   Accordingly, I agree that this case should be remanded for the entry of an appropriate injunction requiring ALPA to take all reasonable steps to do so.   However, any discussion of possible actions based on the possibility that ALPA cannot control its membership is premature.
DALPA had to send a letter and if that did not work then maybe the court would write a letter that DALPA would have to send to its pilots?

I'm not recommending or advocating anything other than finding the facts behind what appears to be a ghost story.