View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 01:15 AM
Whiplash6
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by Kerizbro View Post
man, you guys amaze me.....

Atlas pays $1600 per month while in training, x3 months is $4,800. Then you get your monthly guarantee of $80/hr x 62hrs which is $4,960 for 9 months that's $44, 640. First year is $49,600not including per diem which is probably another 7k.

However after speaking with several line pilots and a check airmen. I know you guys avg. 80hrs of pay per month. So 3 months of training $4,800 plus 9 months at $80hr x 80hrs is $57,600. So first year pay is $62,400 not including per diem and it would be $76,800(again not including per diem) if you didn't have 3 months at training pay.

Year 2 is easily over $100k and you guys still complain

I do not work there. I do not know the environment but stop whining because some other cargo company is paying more than yours. If you're truly that unhappy to be there, to the point of considering yourselves "inmates" why not just leave? Instead you guys come on APC to rant and cry.

No job is perfect, grow up a bit and go to work!

80 hours is a lie. You will never block more than the monthly rig which gets you around 76 hours. On top of that you have zero pay protection so some months you'll end up with far less than that. Factor in vacation months paid at guarantee and you are looking at about $85k for your second year. That wayyyyy too low for flying a 747 into some of the most remote spots in the world with nothing but an iPad and on top of that being treated as a reserve pilot no matter what line you are awarded. This pilot group is fed up and rightfully so.