Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 07:04 AM
HighFlight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Police2Pilot, contrary to what I read above, RSV does affect your upgrade time. Consider that you need total time and 121 time to upgrade. Total time varies by company, but is typically around 2500-3000. And you must have 1,000 121 (scheduled carrier) hours to upgrade by the FARs.

If you sit on RSV and don't fly much, you accumulate those critical hours much more slowly, usually. Unless the company you choose uses RSV pilots a lot, that is. I have seen RSV guys get less than 100 hours per year. Some fly more. It just all depends. My advice to you would be to find a newer FO on here at each company you are looking at, and ask them how long they sat RSV, and how many hours they averaged per month while on RSV. Bear in mind that RSV needs 6 months ago can be completely different from today, and certainly different 6 months from now. But it can impact your upgrade time, to be sure.

It may be better now, but back when I interviewed at Evoy, RSV time was around 2 years. So I opted not to hang my hat there. Current guys there now can comment and inform you better what you can expect. Good luck in finding a good match for your new career!