View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 06:52 AM
mike sierra
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
I did aerial photography of farms. You take a picture of a farm, and then the company tries to sell it to the farmer. It's not survey. It's photography. I got hired with a wet commercial. The season is like Mayish to October ish. The company I worked for operates in 18 states and has two different pay scales. You're a 1099 either way, but option A is $1 per picture; they pay for all expenses. Option B is $6 per picture, but you pay for all expenses, including the airplane. I will be honest, I was not fast. Speed comes with experience, and I only did it for 3 months. I joined the season in August. I was getting about 75-125 pictures a day. My boss could average 250 pictures a day. You're a 1099 contractor, so you can set your own schedule. I flew everyday the weather was good, and I put 300 hours on in the three months I was with the company. You're not going to get rich, but I paid all my bills. PM me if you want more info.
Does the company flies you to whatever location are they going to take the pictures?