View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Dragon7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Pressing On
Default Grad school is a waste for youth service re

Originally Posted by jpdfly View Post
Thanks all. The Army made my mind up for me, so not going anywhere in the interim, so summer of 2019 will hold true. About to finish the C-12 IP course, so another notch in the belt to build more experience on. I'm a commissioned guy, already have my degree and everything, and considering going back for grad school over the next two years to further broaden my background (thoughts on this anyone)? I appreciate everyone's input, thanks again.
Unless you have career aspirations, JPME and a Masters is not going to get you toward your goals. Take your IP ticket and then go fly every trainer, mission, functional check, and overseas detachment you can for the next two years. Short of a bone sticking out somewhere never say no to the scheduler. Get every school possible and teach crew coordintion and instrument ground school. In your free time do something community service related. Right now you could get hired by a regional, but in two years and 800-1000 hours more you never know. Collect every business card you can from everybody you meet in Aviation. Networking isn't what you do when you get out, it is a web of people you know from when you were in. So understand every interaction you have is a potential contact and interview story. And don't speed when driving.

Good luck