View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 01:42 PM
PSA help
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Ex Comair Guy View Post
After Comair furloughed me Jan 2009, I decided I couldn't start over flying for peanuts with a wife and mortgage, car payments etc. I was lucky enough to get hired as a GM for a company and have done very well the last 7 years.

Fast forward. No wife. Still have a mortgage but no car payments

While grateful for my current job, I just can't myself seeing shuffling papers, answering to share holders or employees for the next 30 years. I am good at what I do now, but I'm about to stab my self.

I have 121 experience, turbine time, PIC time, ATPL, type rating. But no current experience.

In your opinion, would any of the regionals (looking at Endeavor, Envoy, PSA, Republic) have a serious look at me?
My suggestion, get at least a few hours in something, and then go get an interview. Then study for the interview. You won't believe how much you have forgotten about flying.

At PSA, I have heard that we will hire you and put you in ATP-CTP class (even though you don't need the ATP). It is like a 2 week boot camp to get back in the saddle. I know one guy that I referred that had a similar background. He flew about 5 hours in a piston single, and then did the ATP-CTP class and got a few hours in the sim. He completed training without any issues, and did well in OE.