View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 05:29 AM
Wildcard90W
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
You look very well qualified; I presume you check the 1000 TPIC box which isn't a requirement but certainly helps?

Any checkride failures?

Assuming you do have 1000 TPIC I'd recommend casting a wider net with Southwest and maybe Jetblue and Atlas. You may not want to stay long-term at those places (no offense intended to those employed by those airlines!) but it may provide you a means to your desired end and get you out of a "large small jet".

Also, legacy retirements are only going to accelerate in the next few years so while I understand the frustration, there is a LOT of hiring left to be done.
I have exactly 959 hours of TPIC. I would have checked the 1k box earlier, but I have been accrueing time at a snails pace ever since I upgraded two years ago because of training to switch aircraft, reserve, med leave, etc.... I plan on applying to SWA the day I get 1k.

As far as checkride failures go, I have one.... CFI bust, back in 2004.

This November will mark my 10 year anniversary at my Regional. I have made that my go/no go with regards to pursuing some of the LCCs and ACMI cargo carriers.

It seems like hiring at the Legacy carriers is accomplished by tossing 10,000 applications/resumes into the air, randomly grabbing them as they fall, and inviting the ones that they grab for interviews. Lol.