Gets Weekends Off
Case I
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2015
  • Position
    Starboard D
Quote: ok Case I ill bit, show me where a new fo has upgraded to ca in a year, or even at mins in den or pdx, you cant, that's a promise used to recruit, at the end of the day no one will upgrade until they are ready, it doesn't matter how long they are at pen. you are apparently an anchorage employee, that hasn't spent much time down here, if you were you would see the pain. your perpetuating promises pen uses to recruit that wont be fulfilled. pen has a history of not following through, and it wont change
Capt,
Mine is a hypothetical example. FAR 121.436.a.3 sez you need a type and 1000SIC. I blocked 90 hours last month - extrapolate to 12 months, 1080 hrs. Therefore, one could be qualified to upgrade in 12 months, if one also earned the trust and confidence of their CA's and their recommendation.
I agree, no one will upgrade until ready - thank gawd. But, why wouldn't the company upgrade if you were eligible and qualified? Some are ready at mins, some take a bit longer to mature, as in any pursuit. I've seen CA's upgraded on seniority alone and it's not always the best result.
And BTW, the only time I've spent in ANC was during training.