View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 08:14 AM
capt lego
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Case I View Post
Capt,
Mine is a hypothetical example. FAR 121.436.a.3 sez you need a type and 1000SIC. I blocked 90 hours last month - extrapolate to 12 months, 1080 hrs. Therefore, one could be qualified to upgrade in 12 months, if one also earned the trust and confidence of their CA's and their recommendation.
I agree, no one will upgrade until ready - thank gawd. But, why wouldn't the company upgrade if you were eligible and qualified? Some are ready at mins, some take a bit longer to mature, as in any pursuit. I've seen CA's upgraded on seniority alone and it's not always the best result.
And BTW, the only time I've spent in ANC was during training.
good god another fo that thinks they are ready to be a CA right out of OE, ya like we have never seen that before lol i guess being able to taxi around portland and maybe make your way to klamath via radar vectors is all the expierence you need. but give it time, lets see in six months if that company drink your sipping wears off. as for the fair pay as you put it, an ex flight instructor that lives with the parents, im sure it was a big bump in pay and seems fair