Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 12:47 PM
FODhopper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012

Originally Posted by SideFlare View Post
Seriously? FOD had been the voice of reason at AWAC for quite some time. He made the choice to move and I wish him the best, much like the others that moved on. The furthest thing from a troll I've ever seen... also a top notch indoc/systems instructor that dedicated his time to bettering the company. If you're looking for trolls there are plenty of worthy targets at whom to direct you anger, dude.
Some very nice sentiments there...it was a painful decision to leave if you look at the temperment of the pilot group, work rules as a whole, standards of performance and the support staff...there was no reason to leave. And I defended that on this forum for many years...against, yes trolls, from outside the company.

But if you look at the lack of communication from the top level managers; it made it difficult to sacrifice, on vague information, another year as an FO without upgrading (when every other regional had movement) with the increased pay and more importantly, the 121 PIC time that fuels career advancement.

The decision by FOs to leave AWAC or stay is not a monolithic one...its very personal and individual based on their specific situation.

Thankfully that is much easier now that the compensation is starting to catch up and much more solid, actionable information on the future of the company has been communicated.