View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Gilligan13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
Avoided hub turns generally for 13 years with good success trading trips and working my schedule. It can be done, and you don't need to move to MEM to do it. However, if you LIKE IND, ANC, or MEM then it certainly is an option.

I sort of surrendered and moved to domicile, just not MEM. The FDA life isn't for everyone but sort of combines the "living in base" with "long international layover..."

Only warning is that if your family likes it prepare to sell off all your ****. You may be there a while... I am now condemned to traveling across the ocean to ski the rockies or visit family, but the goods outweigh the bads in our case. YMMV. Several HKG and CGN slots should be opening up if interested.

Oh..and I still despise getting in at midnight and trying to wake up at 2-3 to launch again. NEVER learned to like it. A trip than ends at 0200 or starts at 0400 is fine for me, but the "turn" part of hub-turn is always miserable to me. I work hard to bid around it, and when I can't I break out a calculator and figure out how long I'd have to work in the AF or another job to make the money I'm making that morning. Then I get my coffee, say a little prayer of thanks, and get to work...
How do you avoid night turns? Does FedEx allow reserves to pickup open trips if there is any?