View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 09:33 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post

3 kids in the house under 4 sucks....

We had 4 under 3 and I thought it was great. We must've been doing something wrong. Tough sometimes, but great.

I raised 3, ...

... your wife is going to be overwhelmed at times. Make money, and get her some extra support. THAT is what is going to make her happy. You will make $1000 day year two on the 777. Would you rather stay at home and change diapers and forfeit that money, or would you rather pay someone $100 a day to do that and help and pocket the $900? By the way--even if you are home, you won't "do it right" anyway when you take care of the babies. Pay an expert, and do all you can to turn the baby momma back into your wife/girlfriend. She'll appreciate the support.

There were times when we had no choice, with 30+ day TDYs and 330 days/year away from home. We never found anyone we could pay to be there who my wife would prefer over having her husband, the children's father, at home. You can't put a dollar figure on the value of having a dad at home. There's no spreadsheet bottom line that makes domestic help the better option.

I've raised 3 girls..

You meant to say, "We've raised ...", right?