Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2011
  • Position
    Airbus Capt
Quote: Bluedriver.

I don't want to go round and round with you and I work at the same place as you do so I totally understand your frustration. Jetblue knows they owe us and this cba should be done. My only problem is guys take an attitude...on both sides.... that if you don't totally agree with them you are a juicer or a union thug. It's the way the country is today. We can't debate anymore without trying to shut someone down. The easy way is to label them which is what I feel you do. I honestly do not think anyone is trying to carrier water for the company they are simply giving their answers as well as their opinion, just as you do. It's like a 5 star review on amazon along with a 1 star the answer seems to always be in the middle. Again I understand where you are coming from and think you have many valid points.
Joe, bottom line, we are WAY behind in pay, work rules, retirement and benefits. The company has an anchor out dragging our progress to just enough to keep down a revolt, and the progress we are making are in sections that don't cost money.

There is almost nothing we can legally do to change it. The one thing that could help our cause is management being unable to attract and retain pilots. The word is largely out, most of the guys from my previous company would ask for help 5 years ago. Now, most have NO interest. Some, sure, but most, no way.

This board is a primary source of information sharing between pilots. While we should be all publicly saying "we are so far behind, pick one of the other 5 major airlines hiring right now with superior pay, retirement, etc..", yet many on here are cheerleaders for JetBlue. They can't let a negative post go unanswered. Often you included. When someone posts negative info, you guys have to chime right in and soften it, every time.

Why can't negative posts just be left unanswered? Who are you guys helping by softening them?

Well, I personally think it is one of two reasons. Either you guys care more about helping JetBlue recruit pilots because you want the classes filled for your own seniority benefit, or you can't stand the thought of your former friends and co-workers who went to DL, UAL or AA just how far behind them you are. Or probably both reasons combined.Not just you, but all the band-of-blue warriors on here.

If we represent a united front telling everyone how far behind we really are and not softening every negative post, we may create enough leverage to get this done soon. Then you can have your seniority, your ego AND a new contract.

Again, not directed only at you.

Some may say it probably won't work, WHY NOT TRY?