View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 06:18 AM
dutch747
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: C-172 FO

Originally Posted by CrimsonEclipse View Post
A little bit of advice:
If you're trying to better your situation and the overall conditions by discouraging pilots from joining Atlas, therefor increasing your chances of better pay and QOL... by yelling and them demeaning them, you will merely convince the new pilots that the problem lies with entrenched, bitter pilots that can't get hired anywhere else. It will destroy the credibility of your argument, and encourage them to join anyway, with the distorted idea that they can somehow race to the top of the seniority list at The Amazon Empire that is forming while everyone else leaves for green pastures or festers in their rage.

The term whipshaw is bouncing around. It's a saw with a handle on both ends so it cuts in both directions. Amazon is pulling you in both (multiple) directions.

Here's how it will work. Pay attention, there will be a test later.

My example is FedEx and their feeders. Fedex owns the ENTIRE feeder fleet. The managing (shell) companies, MAC, Empire, etc manage pilots, mechanics, etc at a MUCH lower pay rate and QOL under order from FedEx.

The shell companies are EXPENDABLE. Try to form a union, have a slow down, or a sick out, the shell company goes away, all routes and airplanes are transferred to one or more other shell companies and the flights continue without a hitch, the rowdy pilots are all taken care of in one fell swoop and will be an example to the rest of the feeders.

Amazon is the new FedEx.
There will be no mainline. Southern, Kalitta, Atlas, (and whoever I can't remember right now) will all be expendable begging for contracts, all of the airplanes will be leased by Amazon and transferable between certificates and the cycle will continue.

You are in the process of an industry disruption, and it's not going to get better.

You want to scare me?
Don't tell me that the job is hard. All cargo jobs are hard.

Tell me there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Tell me that there is no place for lapdogs on the "C" level thrones. Tell me that the golden age is over.
I think you make a great point about the haters that always post in this section. If you even say one thing in disagreement with them, the flaming starts. As for your whipsaw argument, I don't see how Amazon can whipsaw around without the pilots going with the different companies. Kallitta would not be able to man the Atlas flying and Atlas could not man ABX, ect.