View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 07:06 AM
OKLATEX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: B767 FO

Originally Posted by Daniel Larusso View Post
As others have said, the 757 is likely your fastest progression to a line on paper. That said, the company hasn't been putting many(any?) newhires into the airplane for awhile, preferring to send them to the 767 instead. If they don't hire much into the 75 in the near term, it's not gonna help your relative seniority. The 76 has more senior people transitioning out of the MD and Airbus every bid, in addition to the recent hires move from the 75 to the 76. In the end, the Airbus may turn out to be the quickest to a line for you as they're hiring into it and there aren't many senior FO's transitioning into it.
I'd have to agree with this. Very Valid Points regarding the 757/767 and A300.

To further that thought, the A300 might offer the best QOL for a few years but then you could find your self stagnating. Bottom line, you are junior as a new hire and it takes time to gain seniority. I know some guys think it is crazy, but after a year or two, the 757 might offer a better QOL. You could down bid into the 757; trade a little money for better QOL. I know a lot of guys who have done that and been glad they did it.