Thread: FedEx Hiring
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Snaplock
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by GF22 View Post
Here is an email I got back from PC about logging student time and T-6 time if anyone had a question about those topics.

Hello Gf22,

Student time will counts as SIC on all of our sites, so feel free to fill out your FedEx and Southwest flight hours accordingly.

In regards to the T-6 counting towards the total 1500 hours requested by FedEx, unfortunately I do not believe it will contribute.

FedEx's requirement is as follows:
1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in-command (PIC) or second-in-command in multi-engine turbo-prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof (GTOW 12,500). A minimum of 1000 hours total fixed-wing pilot-in-command in multi-engine turbo prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof (GTOW 12,500 or greater) is preferred. Note: PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls. Note: FedEx considers only pilot time in fixed wing aircraft toward minimum qualifications. This does not include simulator, helicopter, flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, RIO, EWO, WSO, NFO, or Special Crew.

The requirement is specifically asking for multi-engine aircraft, and the T-6 is a single-engine.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 8:45 PM,
I call B.S. on this. What about the F-16 dudes who have been hired at FedEx? I think that FedEx PROBABLY counts military trainers in that total time just fine as well. Until someone from FedEx says T-6 time doesn't count then I call b.s.

I also found this:

[QUOTE=zimmy78;1044752]So I recently pursued the T-6 time issue through a friend of a friend at FedEx and I got this email today. Good luck to all this opens up an opportunity for.

Sir, I wanted to update you on this question/answer. *It looks like it brought about some conversation. *I have been informed that T6 time is now approved flight time. *I wanted to pass this along to you since this affected the answer I had provided to you previously.

Good luck on your endeavors!

Sincerely,

Ren Autrey

Last edited by Snaplock; 02-10-2017 at 09:05 PM.