View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 06:19 AM
Flatbiller
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by 767pilot View Post
I did, but I guess I didn't pick up any surprise horror. I'll be more direct. What did you hear on ipnn that bothered you?
Probably this:

Q: Is the Company limited to assigning a single trip at a time, or may the Company assign more than one trip to cover multiple days in an LCO block?

A: The LCO assignment may involve one trip or more than one trip because the Company “may assign a crewmember a trip or airport standby on any LCO day within his current block of LCO days.” Some crewmembers are confused because assignments under the old CA/CP reserve rules were limited to a single trip. Assignments were limited to one trip under the old CA/CP rules because the Company was responding to single event, pop-up operational contingencies. Please remember, LCO IS NOT RESERVE, and that the purpose of LCO is to allow open time to be added to the crewmember’s line. In exchange for this allowance, the Association was able to negotiate many improvements (outlined above) that make LCO better, in many respects, to the old CA/CP rules.