Old 09-12-2007, 05:01 PM
andy171773
Furlough line holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ2, ATR, CRJ7, E145, 737

Originally Posted by CPOonfinal View Post
I hesitate to respond to an individual via the thread instead of PM, but I feel it important to point out that there is no offense taken. I'm proud to be a Squid, and you a Devil Dog right? I didn't know that a graduate of DCA only logs 250hrs. I figured it was maybe twice as many. I guess other than what other facility/school similar to DCA that excepts MGI, my only other question at this point would be how much does an instructor make? I've done a lot of reading on this forum but have never seen an expected earning statement for CFI's. I have a huge leg up on most in that not only will I be collecting retirement pay from the Navy but my wife will be as well. From here on out I intend on PMing so not to bore others. Thanks.
CFIs at DCA are paid $11 an hour for a line pilot..and $12.50 for a check pilot, CFI qualified instructor, group leader, or MEI...there are some people with guaranteed contracts to teach at DCA (25-30K something like that) which is way more than the majority of the pilots who work just as hard and do the same or even more work (causes a lot of dissent in the ranks towards management)...for the most part DCA will go on the record (when I was trying to defer my student loans they did this) to say that a CFI of theirs makes 10,000 a year max

nothing i could ever live on

best of luck my friend!