View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 05:40 PM
block30
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by WhiskeyKilo View Post
I think everyone is consistently moving up 15-30 positions in seniority every month because of attrition off the top. The problem lies in the fact that flying keeps moving around so much one month you could be senior enough to hold a line and the next you are back on reserve. I used to sit comfortably above the line/reserve threshold and now with decreased flying in DTW and MSP each month I have edged closer and closer to being back on reserve. I left the 200 because I lost my line. If it keeps up like this I will be back on reserve on the 900. I'd venture to say that anyone hired before 1 JAN 16 hit the last of the "seniority jackpot" everyone hired in 2016 and after has bounced all over the place in terms of line vs reserve because of NYC buildup and shrinking of DTW and MSP.

I feel for the guys who spent +10 years on reserve or the MSP CA's that sit perpetual reserve but QoL is 1000% improved when you have a solid schedule. At the end of the day I love working here and the positives definitely outweigh the negatives for a new hire.
This! From today's bid pack I can see I moved up about 25 numbers it *total* for the month, but in my base, a/c, and seat I've pretty much made zero headway. The movement is there, it's just some months you don't feel it and others you really do.