View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 12:10 PM
NCR757dxr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by Willard View Post
Not sure why you have to be an a**hole. It would have been just as well for you not to respond.
Welcome to APC, that is the norm anymore.

In all reality I don't post much on here anymore and this topic was going to be no different but I thought about it and wanted to weigh in.

No offense to guys like you, but the weekend warrior doing it for "fun" type of guys really don't do very well in this type of flying. There is always the exception and I am by no means trying to squash you enthusiasm but it is just the way it is.

The $100 hamburger guys just can't get their head around not only "real" IFR flying but also the complexities of the aircraft. The lawyer at SKW probably had 1000s of hours of TT and was a CFI, so he was better equipped. That type of person is not what I take away from your description of yourself.

Don't get wrapped around the axle with those mailers either. It is simply a number game for the recruiting departments; many don't care about the actual completion of the student but rather a warm body in the seat come day one for more PR. Heck, I got a mailer from my old airline asking me if I was interested in flying for them not two weeks after my last day there. They send out these mailers to anyone who have registered addresses with the FAA who have commercial licenses.

If you were to still pursue this, I'd suggest NOT going to Skywest. I have a lot of personal reasons for my decision but I won't clog this topic up with them, however they have one of the highest washout rates going right now in their training department due to how hard and unforgiving they are with some of their curriculum. We are talking people who wanted to become professional pilots from the start, not just "for fun" guys either.

Lastly, if you still pursue this and make it thru, please PLEASE do not go around bragging this is a for fun job and I am well off, money, upgrades, etc don't matter. It ****es many people off and it is a slap in the face to those who turned to professional aviation as a career. You'll end up on the back of compass cards really fast by doing that.

Good luck and hope you got some value out my post.