View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 12:22 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by NCR757dxr View Post
If you were to still pursue this, I'd suggest NOT going to Skywest. I have a lot of personal reasons for my decision but I won't clog this topic up with them, however they have one of the highest washout rates going right now in their training department due to how hard and unforgiving they are with some of their curriculum. We are talking people who wanted to become professional pilots from the start, not just "for fun" guys either.

This is not true. Sounds more like sour grapes.

SKW has ALWAYS had one of the best quality training programs in the industry (airline industry, not just regionals).

The washout rate has increased because the standards for getting hired have dropped to RATP mins and no felonies. In the past they used to screen candidates, including a sim check. So some people who never would have been hired in the past are getting into training and then struggling.

This is actually good for applicants, because essentially EVERYBODY gets a shot if they want it. Instead of HR deciding you're not a good enough pilot, you get the opportunity to succeed in training. Unfortunately there are some entry-level career wannabees who are simply not up to the task and sometimes the only way to find out is in 121 training.