View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 04:29 AM
Std Deviation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Square root of the variance and average of the variation

He didn't consider how he was going to pay for it before applying to the program?

Reminds me of a pizza place where I live. They didn't want to pay for insurance and they had a fire and the place burned down. Uh, no insurance. So they set up a GoFund Me page in an attempt to get their customers to pay for their "oversight." No personal accountability.

I believe it's a generational thing. Shortcuts, no pain. Of course he could instruct for 2500 hours then fly MU2s single pilot in the middle of the night out of Detroit then go to the regionals for 6 years like I did but that's hard. Donating to provide food and clothes- I get that - it's a nesessity. Donating to support a purely discretionary career choice? Not for me thanks. I was a broke kid from Detroit and I managed. Self financed.

I got some gimmes along my career path - but I also did 98% of the work and sacrifice to get there. I would have liked to go to Harvard instead of Western Michigan. Why didn't I think of this then? Have strangers finance my career path to becoming a doctor and a millionaire. Brilliant!

Last edited by Std Deviation; 02-13-2017 at 04:43 AM.