View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 06:17 AM
FLYLOW22
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
I will absolutely stay in touch. And I hope it comes. Maybe this is a lack of communication on the Unions part but nobody has really addressed that it's even an issue. Most of the pilot group knows it's an issue but management hasnt acknowledged it really...

It's never been the Unions job to tell management to staff according to a certain formula outside of the CBA requirements.

It's never been the Unions position to tell management they should have paid FOs more in the 15 CBA.

That being said, if the numbers of PRIA checks climb to alarming levels, I think management will pay more to retain. Possibly all of us but certainly SICs.

Hiring will be a function of simulator capacity. Remember, the "signature" series portion of the Phenom 300 NJA took was, among other things, a Garmin 3000 install. Simcom or some other sim company had a contract with Emb to teach the EMB-505 (300) exclusively... which wouldn't work with NJA placing orders/options for 125 frames.

To "fix the glitch" NJA and Emb created the EMB-505S. Garmin equipped 300... which fell outside the contract for "Simcom".

Good thing was now training could take place in CMH. Bad thing... we only have this sim... no others NJA had access to with the Garmin 3000 suite.

Once NJA installs sim 2 and moves sim 1 from the old building, it will have the capacity to train NJUS, Europe and accommodate more new hires and upgrades. Right now, it's limited newhires, transitioning captains and recurrents... with a smattering of new upgrades and initials.

Capacity is coming.... until the facility is up and running, talking about more hiring and growth is just talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk