Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 06:57 AM
Tester130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: P-28

Originally Posted by Voltron12 View Post
I'm thinking about submitting my application today. I see that they recently raised the pay and the minimum days off are around 11-12. Will they give me difference training as well on the 700-900 or is it just the 200?
AirWis might be a good place to go if they land a new contract and where that new contract takes them. Things to keep in mind before I would commit to AirWis
-They have not announced any flying after January of next year. Rumors are flying, but there is nothing formal. They could go belly up or they could get a great contract. Everyone is hoping for the sake of the employees there now that they land something.
-If they do land something, there is no guarantee that the bases will stay at their current locations. If base location was important to you and you were counting on PHL or DCA then I wouldn't hold my breath. Norfolk might still be there as a maintenance base, but nothing is certain.
-The $33k in new hire bonuses doesn't provide any breakdown. I don't think I would count on all of it in your 1st year. My guess is about half might be 1st year with the rest spread out over the next two years.
-AirWis still has a very senior CA list with upgrades right now sitting at around 5+ years. If they land a contract, odds are it will not fix the upgrade problem unless there is some huge growth associated with it. Even if they cut the upgrade time in half, if you need PIC time, there are other options that will get that for you much faster.

Take a hard look at AirWis before heading to them. I could see some Navy pointy nose folks out of Norfolk going to them because they have the Norfolk base and they feel they just need to get some 121 time or currency before being competitive for a call from a major. If not, then hopefully you have some time before you need to commit to an airline and AW comes out with what their future holds.