View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 10:23 AM
Cruz5350
Respek

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by NCR757dxr View Post
In retrospect I probably did not have an A+ performance in the interview because I didn't use the gouge that is on WillFly or one of those sites but whatever, it really is OK since I was turned off by the general attitude of "we are better than you" displayed during the interview. In the end it was a wasted day off between 4 days and a waste of $60 bucks on a hotel.

As far as the washout rate goes, I know of at least one class back in December where about 5 people were washed out over the CRJ systems test. Again I wasn't there but I've heard other similar stories. So I wouldn't be saying only 1 out of 60-80 wash out when the average washout from 121 is around 12%.

As far as your gouge comment.... that is fine that some people live and die by them. I personally have never really used one and I don't plan on changing it up. If I can't cut it with my skills/knowledge coming in or they don't want someone who can't think for themselves, then I guess its not to be. It has to be an inside joke to see the same answer verbatim multiple times a day. Being original and relying on your skills should speak more for not only your probable outcome of training but the decision making you'll show once you get the extra stripe.
How about we drop a little truth here since I was in the training environment back in December. The class that 5ish people failed went through right before me and those failures were in large due to studying only gouge and the wrong gouge at that. The training department isn't stupid they know this happens and will change the tests as they see fit. Honestly these tests aren't rocket science, if you can pay attention in class, ask questions when you don't know, and put in some decent self study you'll pass just fine. Gouge is great, but use it as a study guide and not a end all be all and you'll be fine. I don't understand why you're upset with not getting the job when you admit you didn't even use the online interview gouge, did you just expect to be handed an offer since you're prior 121? In my experience some of the best and worst guys are prior 121 folks, because a small handful exhibit the attitude of being know it all's and I've already done this or that, or that's not how we did it at my last shop etc etc and I can safely say that as someone who came from a couple other airlines. Sounds like the hiring department did a good job in making their choice. To the OP if you choose to come to SkyWest don't be worried about washing out, provided you show honest effort and signs of improvement with each day or lesson you'll be just fine. I witnessed first hand this past month how willing we are to get the right guys/gals through training and to the line. PM if you have any questions.