View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 12:15 AM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Keep trying to convince yourselves that you're not doing anything wrong. For every guy on here that says they won't let a Norwegian pilot on their Jumpsest, I've flown with 25 more that say the same.

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Let me guess, you work for the buggy whip industry? If the NAI/UK operation is deemed legal and permitted by a bilateral agreement, then professionalism should be expected for US based pilots. Do you accept Allegiant, Spirit, Frontier or other ULCC pilots on your flight deck even though their companies are undercutting profit margins at the legacies through increased competition? Quit being such a big DOOOOOOOOOOOSH Bag!
Scabbing is legal and permitted under the law...

The LCCs in the US are unionized, and are trying to lift themselves up to major pay/QOL. (Good luck doing that as an independent contractor) Yes their exsistence has put downward pressure on the majors pay and QOL over the decades. What they HAVENT done is participate in a completely new business model designed to destroy the industry. Professional courtesy? You must be kidding me. Flag of conveinience. If you don't understand the difference I can't help you, but I can promise you'll almost never see a jumpsest, and having NAI on your resume will be a showstopper for every other ALPA carrier and pilot you meet. If you think I'm kidding, there are DENYNAI billboards in the flight ops spaces of every airport we domicile out of, it's all over our private message boards, and the awareness campaign has brought member awareness to almost 100% based on recent experience.