View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 08:28 AM
Davetastic
Ice-bagger

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
Yes. Management's reckless behavior that's lead to sending out an army of 1500 hour new hires to Africa is very irresponsible.
yes this too...albeit quite exaggerated....."Army".....sheeeeesh.

(and I hope that rational thinking people would know that to recklessly spout off on a public forum that there are "pilots predicting a crash" is also irresponsible. It just serves as media fodder and thinking into the future it may serve as a tool to allow the feds into the cockpit; i.e., cameras.

Have faith in the training. To publicly criticize a 1500 hr pilot regardless of the operation is forgetting from where we all originated. I think it is FAR more dangerous to scud run single pilot in a piper lance in Central Valley CA than fly a two man crew in any equipment anytime!

Besides, it's 2000TT or 1500TT with a sic/pic turbojet rating.

How quickly you've all forgotten that you were all once rookies at intl. flying. The only difference is that this hiring environment is different and we want a contract so people are obviously dumbfounded why the company won't come to the table. The equipment is better than 20 years ago when guys were flying the classic to the same places we go today. At one point it was a rookie in the right seat.....just like today....the microscope is just a lot bigger.

Last edited by Davetastic; 02-16-2017 at 08:40 AM.