View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 06:18 PM
Scoop

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by MongoC5 View Post
Timecard question...

I have seen how bidding reserve when you have vacation or CQ can allow you to get more than ALV-2 for monthly pay. I have Airbus school starting mid month (16 days) which would give me roughly 40.5 hours of pay (76/30) * 16 days...Because of a carry in trip worth 20 hours I am have 60:32 of credit... Looking at my timecard, the 5 days of reserve plus gave me only 14:32 making each reserve day worth 2:32 of credit.

Wouldn't each reserve day be worth the ALV/days available for reserve giving each day closer to a 4+ hour day, not 2:32 since it is not due to a leave of absence or personal drop? Thanks in advance and sorry if its too confusing...

Mongo
Mongo,

There is an Excel spreadsheet made by a DAL Pilot called "Reserve Calculator." You just punch in the specifics as you mentioned above and it will calculate everything you could possibly need to know about any unique combination of reserve activities.

It is awesome and I use it every month that I bid reserve. I forgot where I originally downloaded it from but I think it is on the PBS information or PBS tools page.

In any case someone wiser than me will surely post exactly how you can download this very useful scheduling tool.

Scoop