Old 02-18-2017, 04:22 AM
Squallrider
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by msprj2 View Post
Ok so Union says new payscales SHOULD be be agreed upon and take
effect Sept 1st. 1st year FO payscale should be in the $40's/hr PLUS
training bonus. 2nd year FO should be $60's/hr.
The cost per seat mile if you cant hire and are shrinking will go much higher if your paying 200-300% to cover flights. If you want to keep
working for a low paying regional be my guest. But don't try to use it
as a selling point when every other regional is increasing their pay.
Union can say all they want, they have to be cost competitive. Don't get me wrong I hope you guys get every dollar you're worth but since the bonuses a lot has changed. When the bonuses at endeavor rolled out quite a few regionals were either in bankruptsy or close to it, there was a perceived shortage of pilots yet no one seems to have trouble filling classes today. Why would they pay endeavor pilots more than what delta can get somewhere else? You'll find the history of delta WO that wanted more than delta was willing to offer is not favorable for your argument. Or do you think the bonus was paid out of the goodness of their hearts? If you can't hire or shrinking there's something else wrong, putting a band aid of money won't fix it long term because people will leave because you can never pay them what even a LCC can long term. It's all basic math and basic management/ business economics.

FYI I don't work for a low paying regional, I made into the 6 figures whilst on reserve and we have a substantial bonus program that's been in place for years that at my longevity comes up to about 12k a year, it's a bonus for performance and financial results as well as profit sharing, all of which we accomplomish by being a profitable business that unsurprisingly doesn't have a hard time recruiting 80+ a month.