Thread: APA's Unanimous Vote

Upsddown , 02-18-2017 07:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Upsddown
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2015
Quote: But I know why it's not important to YOU. As long as it hasn't happened to you it's ok. So when new hires get promoted over you out of seniority then let me know why you stay a bottom feeder. You're just a "snowflake" with NIMBY SYNDROME.

And even ANOTHER point, why don't YOU ask the others on this forum if LOS is an important issue for them? Really, how many of you reading this tripe DONT THINK LOS IS IMPORTANT? Either working for this airline or another airline? Be honest.
Route66,

I'll try to respond to your ramblings. Your past three posts reinforce my reference about my concerns of your postings.

UNIONISM. Thanks for your views on the subject, but I am quite aware of what unionism is about. If you go back and read my previous posts you may understand that has been one of the very points I often raise. You may have caught my reference to David Behncke.

As for strikebrakers I'm very aware of that term as well. You ever watch strikers spit on cars and yell more four letters words than you could possible count as scabs leave the employee parking lot in their cars? I have. Google Continental 1983 pilot strike if you haven't. You recall United trying to break ALPA in 1985 and what the meaning of the "570" is? I do.

Unionism is about workers standing together to improve their collective situation.

Contrast that with your ramblings about your enemy is the very organization that is your union. About how you could care less about the junior pilot. All you care about is yourself. Your written viewpoint is the very reason you are in the situation you are in. Just like the senior (older) pilot before you who sold you out, your now willing to sell out the junior for your own protection.

LOS. Where did I ever post LOS doesn't matter? And that I don't think we need it? I'm also very aware of LOS and it's importance. But it is what it is at this point for all of us. No lawsuit will change any of it, so let's move on.

We all had choices in life. Many by design, some by luck, others by fate. But whatever the circumstance, when we showed up for initial new hire school we hitched our lives to the destiny of our individual carriers and the resultant aftermath that carrier would deliver.

Contrast the outcome of LOS for a Braniff, Frontier, Eastern, Pan Am, Aloha or ATA pilot with a US Airways, American, Delta, Northwest, United, Continental and Southwest pilot.

How about contrasting a Pan AM 747 CA with a UAL 747 CA in the Pan Am 747 acquisition. Southwest and Morris and AirTran. Eastern South America flying to American. American, Reno and TWA. Mergers within USAirways.

I could go on and on but each pilot cemented their own destiny when they tied their destiny to the fate of their own carrier. Some did better than others, just as you did better than some and worse than others.

Is LOS important? Yes. Is it the unifying issue to rally our pilots? No.
It's your issue it's not "the" issue.

DAL and UAL got full LOS for its furloughed pilots. So should we. Beyond that LOS is what it is. Your self-propelled misery and rants against your union, your peers and particularly our junior pilots will achieve nothing to foster unionism nor help us achieve the parity we deserve with our peers.

As for the the derogatory comments directed towards my junior views if being junior results in less knowledge, I'm sorry to say I can assure you that you have far less knowledge than I.