View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 11:08 AM
OVBIII
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by hawgdawg View Post
Just got the email for the video interview. ..I almost accidentally deleted it because it looked like spam . (its titled "support department" not American Airlines or anything so be careful)

Any recent interviewers? I'm wondering what the timeline is between the video and getting an in person interview offer.

I'm in an awkward situation because I'm in initial training for a regional right now, and I'm not sure what I would do if I got the in person interview offer while still in training. Can I tell American my situation? Or, is it like show up when we tell you or don't show up at all..?

I would obviously bail on the regional and go AA if I got hired but I don't want to chance messing up the interview and losing my current job at the same time.

Thanks for the help
First off congrats! The interview process can be found by looking back on this thread.
As far as what you should do, well you can't get a face to face until you pass the video....so knock that out!
Once you pass that, they will give you a choice of interview dates. Pick the one that fits.
If none fit, call and ask for a future date so you can finish training. They are pretty cool about adjusting your interview. I've seen it first hand.
Not to give you an unsolicited opinion but (being superstitious as I am...grew up in New Orleans and Voodoo is prevalent) it could be bad ju-ju leaving training to do an interview. Yet again, my opinion!
Congrats! Hope to see you on the line.