View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 07:09 AM
bkey79
On call

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: 757

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
Okay, are you familiar with scope? And I'm not talking about the mouthwash. Nothing over 76 seats, 70-76 seat aircraft are all accounted for. There aren't any to add per mainline scope clause. And the 50 seat market has to shrink to meet that scope number. So what new aircraft are available? Also, not every regional is short staffed. Skywest, Republic, and Endeavor are doing just fine. It's mainly just the sketchy ones that are having a hard time filling classes. And why is it that GoJet needs direct entry captains?

We aren't short staffed though. Of course we could always use more FOs, but we aren't cancelling flights for lack of crew. Last seniority list has us at 585 pilots, compared to the 510 we had this time last year. Historically GoJet has been in the mid 500s on the roster.

We hire DEC for two reasons, it's a great recruitmet tool and our top guys are leaving as fast as we can upgrade. I've moved up 145 spots in 1 year being here. That's a lot of movement in an airline this small. In 1 year, I'm a line holding captain in DTW. I have a 81hr credit line with 14 days off and recurrent training next month. Guy below me has a 88hr 15 day off line...

Also, Delta offered us more 900 flying, but the top guys wanted to focus on our performance numbers, as we took a huge hit when we bought the last set of 900s. I'm not sure where those planes would have come from, just what we were told.