View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 08:33 AM
R57 relay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: A320 Capt

Originally Posted by Arado 234 View Post
God@mmit! Stop it!

If you could donate just one of your testicles for higher pay, would you?

Come on! You still got another one!

Just one!

I'm not sure why you would respond to THAT question in that manner.
I guess it's because you think we should never give up anything. In a way you are correct, we are in a place that we should never give anything of value. But those are hulls are here. We will never get them on the mainline. If we could TRADE the 5 extra seats on hose hulls in exchange for parking most of the 50 seat fleet and greatly expanding the 100 seat fleet on the mainline, wouldn't that be a much better deal over all? Isn't that what the Holt Grail, Delta, did?

Or do we want that flying? I mean, they have a hard time filling the E190 Captain seat, and it's not just pay. Most guys I fly with have a regional background and say they don't want anything to do with it. Heck, it's so junior that even the youngin' Mainline can hold it!

Take a minute to really read and think about what I'm about to write. I'd never tell the company "NO!" I'd say "Sure, we'll look at it." Then I'd study study it and if it didn't make sense I'd say "We just can't do it", or make the cost so high they'd walk away. I think when we draw lines in the sand with this management team we get played. It's the old Br'er Rabbit routine. They get us so wrapped around the axle about things they don't care about that we don't pay attention as they lift our wallet.