View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 01:14 PM
AZPilotMike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Default Main Line Future Requirements

I have a thread going about commuting and I was starting to think about how strong the flow really was for Envoy. I get that you don't have to interview, but I see it one of two ways.

1. The demand will be pretty strong for everyone in a few years and the main lines will have to either lower their requirements for entry or perhaps start hiring FO's with just SIC time.

2. The industry will suck ass and we will all be in the same boat as 08 again, in which case the flow will be worthless.

So I guess my questions are, am I seeing this correctly and if not, what do you think the requirements for a main line will be? I am working on a degree and will finish for my own satisfaction, but there are lots of guys I know that are not even bothering with it, hoping to god that the demand is high enough that they won't be needed.

Anyway, just some brainstorming. So far all the help has been great and I sincerely appreciate the time some of you have taken to help me. This feels like a really big decision between Skywest and Envoy.