View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

BINGO!!! SHACK!! SPOT ON!!

I went to the Families of Continental 3407 website and have emailed them the intentions of the CSAF so this BS can be stopped. Everyone should. The safety of the flying public should not be reduced to bail the USAF out of a manning and leadership problem.

More so, I still believe we need a national flight academy for air transport pilots, separate from our military academies, similar to the Merchant Marine Academy.

We all would be fools to let the 1500 rule be changed or removed.
Bold part, that's the highlight of the issue. It's not a manning problem, guys don't want to quit flying grey aircraft, but more so they don't want to keep working for horrible leadership.

Underlined, we have several, they're called ERAU/UND/etc. A national academy (are you proposing tax payer funded?) I think is a horrible idea. There's nothing standing between folks starting training and accruing hours. 1500 is not even close to an insurmountable obstacle, guys I went to college with graduated with twice that. There was a time not too long ago when one needed 3000tt/500me just to be looked at by the regionals.

No one wants to climb the mountain anymore, they all want to be dropped off at the top.