View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 06:28 PM
Doc1010
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Default Employment History Question

I'm attempting to tighten up a few items on my SWA Pilot Credentials application. I'm curious what the preferred method would be on my employment history. For a number of years (4+), I was essentially a contract pilot, but primarily so for only a handful of entities. Short story long, one entity used us "contractors" as most would use employed pilots (the company saw the light or the department of labor stepped in, not sure which). I also was 1099'd by a couple other entities during those years. The complicated part is a few of the contacts I flew for required I be a W-2 employee of said company. Through this span, am I better off listing each company as individual "employment history" line items even if the employment was short term (my employment history would be considerably longer with short stays at each company) or just a broad-cast net stating that I contracted/was self-employed for multiple entities, all of which I can provide, at minimum, tax documentation for? I don't want my application to appear as though I was constantly job hopping but I don't want it to look questionable, either.