View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 07:12 PM
vroll1800
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Always Fly With Favorite Captain

Originally Posted by Jason605 View Post
Not enough that will trigger any real mass early retirements. Maybe a handful of guys that have already been considering early retirement before this came out will take it. Maybe.

Can't copy and paste it but the nuts and bolts of it are, you hit 55 or older and want to retire. Take the number of months from your retirement date till you turn 65. They will pay 2k a month for those months up to $150,000 max. This is on top of the pilots normal retirement and, I believe, paid in a lump sum subject to taxes. The offer is good from March to July.

Now I could totally be wrong on the number of guys this offer attracts, but I really haven't run into too many guys who grumble about wanting to leave. I've flown with maybe 5 guys in 9 months that mentioned leaving before 65. I would say that offer may have to be a bit sweater to really motivate the upper half.
This latest offer is a lot better than the $50K offer in early 2010, and the $10K table scrap in late 2012. Each case is different- objective number crunching doesn't always win out.