Thread: Am I Nuts?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 08:29 PM
Yakrobat
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Position: RQ-4, MQ-4C

I appreciate the advice. I've perused these forum over the last few years and always knew I'd get unfiltered and frank responses; exactly what I wanted.

Now, in defense of my unmanned time:

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
I DO think you're nuts for including UAS time on the same page with flight time. Night unmanned time?? Really.
By-far-and-away the most complex and challenging flight time in my logbook is unmanned. Three of my coworkers are prior F4, F117, and C17 and I think they would all agree. Moreover it shows that I've remained heavily engaged in aviation; I don't want to appear that I've been out of the loop for the last 8 years. I'll explore other ways to incorporate the information to make it more palatable.

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
* Go ahead and delete all of the UAS time from the resume...ESPECIALLY the combat time. That will **** off to no end any actual combat veteran who happens to see it.
My resume makes it clear that I spent 4 years (the equivalent of 5-6 tours of duty) in-theater embedded with Special Forces. I'd say I earned the right to put that time down but I can see where someone might view it differently. Never-the-less, I don't have it listed in my resume for manned aviation... that list was just lifted straight from LinkedIn.