View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 10:44 AM
Davetastic
Ice-bagger

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Whiplash6 View Post
How is it denial? The seniority list seems to keep growing every year and people like you keep telling potential pilots "come on in, the water's fine", even though places like Kalitta and Allegiant have far more attractive contracts. The company seems to think the contract is good enough to attract, at least, the dregs of the pilot world and enough of them to continue growing.. So, so far, have they been proven wrong?
Our wages and our overall compensation package are significantly lower compared to our peers in the industry and yet the company publicly claims that our contract is "competitive"....hence denial.

Furthermore, I have never, NEVER recommended Atlas to anyone. So please don't categorize me in with the "people like me, saying, come on in, the water is fine".

Moreover, even if you have a copy of K4 and G4 contracts in front of you, unless you work there and get to know how scheduling and the respective company treats crew members with regards to work rules, how can you say they "have far more attractive contracts"? This is not a rhetorical question, I'd like to know how you quantify your statement.

As for the last part of your question, whether the company believes they can staff for 2017 and 2018 or whether they believe that they have a competitive contract or not is irrelevant to the statistical fact that they have serious attrition and retirement issues that may potentially outpace seniority list growth. Anybody have some numbers they can put up?

Note the Teamsters excerpts:

....staffing problems are widespread at AAWW. Attrition data compiled by the pilots’ union shows that pilot turnover more than tripled over the last three years. In a recent survey of Atlas Air pilots, 65 percent of surveyed pilots said they are planning to apply to another airline in the coming year. Eighty-eight percent of respondents said their carrier does not have enough pilots to meet the long-term needs of Amazon and other major customer DHL.