View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 09:37 AM
CaptainHvac
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: 747 F/O

Anybody else notice how much they've front loaded the 767 operation? I know Captains who have been sitting hard reserve and barely flying for months. People are having a hard time getting their consolidation hours (100 hours in 120 or 150 days). I think they might be saying they need X number of pilots for Amazon but Id be willing to bet they've already hired many of those, we just can't tell. They've front loaded it or they can shift labor away from less lucrative contracts to staff Amazon. If they want the Amazon flying to be staffed, it'll be staffed regardless. These guys are WAY ahead of us.

I believe hanging our hat on the attrition argument can come back to bite us. Prior to this lawsuit (and maybe now, still), pilots were applying, interviewing, and getting through training. Yes, pilots were and are leaving at decent rates. I hope encouraging people to leave and promoting large attrition numbers isn't our "strategy", because its got flaws and doesn't seem to be working. The jets are still moving, and there are a ton of reserves sitting around waiting to legally move the jets! Oh, and they beat 4th quarter earnings with ease...carry on!